Over the next 2 years we are going to be researching the impact that Gig Buddies has on people’s lives.
We would like to put together a team of researchers who have experience of being Gig Buddies – both participants and volunteers.
- You will complete 2 days of training in research / interview techniques, led by an organisation called Research in Practice for Adults.
- You will then spend up to 20 hours researching – interviewing people who are a part of gig buddies about the affects that the project has had on their life.
Why volunteer as a Gig Buddy researcher?
- You will be helping to improve how we run the Gig Buddies project.
- You will be able to feed back to volunteer buddies about how to support their gig buddy better.
- Your research will help to set up Gig Buddies projects in other areas, which will improve the lives of people with learning disabilities all over the country.
- You’ll get 2 days of training where you will learn new skills in research techniques.
- You’ll be rewarded with a £20 music voucher for your contribution and a celebratory trip to a show or gig in London at the end of the project (we’ll choose this together)
If you’d like to be a Gig Buddy researcher, contact the team and let us know why you’d like to join!
Once we have confirmed the team we will be in touch to find the best days to run the training, that suit everyone’s availability.